Saturday, November 14, 2009

Selling items on eBay/Craigslist

Lately I have been trying to buy more things used. Kids only play with toys for a few years and then they outgrow them. My one gripe about buying things used is the pictures people put up. I understand that Craigslist puts limitations on the size, so that doesn't bother me. If I am interested in the item, then I will ask them to send a larger picture so I can see more detail on whether or not the item is in good to great condition. I HATE it when people use stock photos. If they have enough time to find a picture on the internet, download it, save it to their hard drive, then upload it to Craigslist, than they have enough time to take a picture of it and post it or email to the person interested in it. I had inquired about 2 items that were for sale on Craigslist and I had asked the seller to email me some pictures of the items she was selling and the only thing she did was send me more stock photos. How am I supposed to know whether or not her dog chewed on some of the pieces or if the paint is wearing off. Thanks, but no thanks. I will pass. I would rather buy it new than waste my time driving out to your place only to say that I don't want it since it looks like someone took a meat cleaver to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment