Saturday, June 19, 2010

Please, Thank You, Your Welcome

How hard is it to say these 3 words, you ask. Well, for some people it seems to be like pulling teeth or some kind of other torture. My 2 & 3 year old say all 3 of these "phrases" better than a lot of adults that I know. I rarely have to even "coach" my 3 year old to say please anymore and I almost never have to coach him to say thank you or your welcome. My 2 year old is the same way. I really think that a lot of parents have forgotten the art of manners. As my husband says, there is no application for becoming a parent, yet I really think that there should be. Am I the perfect parent all of the time? Of course not, but I strive to become a better one everyday. It is the hardest job in the world (being a parent). Teaching my children simple etiquette isn't that hard. Heck, it is one of the easier lessons to teach children. Last kind of person I want to raise, is someone who won't hold the door for someone with their hands full, pushing a stroller or someone that is in just general need of assistance. Not that hard to teach people!

No comments:

Post a Comment