Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sunglasses and cell phones

Is it me or is it impolite to wear your sunglasses and talk on your cell phone while checking out at any retail store. Having worked in retail, it always rubbed me the wrong way when people would walk up to me while talking on the cell phone. Seriously, unless it is an emergency, either tell the person to hold or that you will call them back. It really is just common courtesy. When people used to check out while talking on their cell phone, I used to not talk to them, treating them the same way they were treating me. I would scan their items, then point to the display where the total was being displayed,  sit there and wait for their payment, shove their crap in a bag and send them on their merry way.

The sunglasses thing doesn't bother me quite as much, but I always try to remember to take mine off when I am not in the sun to talk to someone. For instance, a bank drive thru. I like to make eye contact with the person I am talking to, so I take off my sunglasses to show that person that I am talking to them and not to my kids in the back seat. I think making direct eye contact makes your point more valid and follow that with a smile, and things tend to go your way more often than not.

No comments:

Post a Comment